Sunnyvale, California, July 19, 2010
Zscaler, Inc., the market leader in cloud security, today announced the worldwide availability of the industry’s first fully integrated email and web security service. With the addition of email security to its existing web security portfolio, Zscaler now offers enterprises with the most comprehensive cloud-delivered service that protects against most Internet-based risks. It also consolidates multiple point products, simplifies IT administration, and increases security, while reducing costs and risk to the business.
"Web and messaging security are no longer mutually exclusive," says Christian Christiansen, Program Vice President for IDC's Security Products and Services group. "Malicious URLs appear in emails, phishing attacks, and sophisticated blended threats that target multiple protocols. The use of web-based malware forces organizations to adopt security technologies that can address both web and messaging threat vectors to an equal degree. Offering potential solutions, Zscaler's security SaaS offerings provide integrated web and email security that reduces cost and complexity while improving security.”
Extending Cloud Security from Web to Email Gateway
Zscaler launched its game-changing cloud-delivered web security service in 2008 and is now protecting millions of users in 140 countries. Customers range from G2000 enterprises to governments to SMBs. To complement the web security offering, Zscaler has now extended its infrastructure to also provide a deep and comprehensive email security service that provides protection against spam and malware.
Key features include:
- Accurate filtering to block spam and phishing
- Deep protection against viruses and spyware before they enter the enterprise perimeter
- Flexible policies to define granular mail flow and encryption
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for SMTP and webmail
- Rich, interactive and correlated real-time reporting
“We have been a happy Zscaler web security customer,” said Bob Fairclough, Manager of Technology Services at Raritan Bay Medical Center (RBMC), a leading healthcare institution in New Jersey. “Replacing our email security appliances with Zscaler’s email service was almost effortless. Integrated email and web security has provided us holistic reporting and common security policies as well as saved us time and money.”
Defining a New Standard for Integration
While many vendors talk about web and email integration, offerings are limited to a common dashboard. Beyond that lie two disparate user interfaces as well as multiple policy managers and reporting systems. Truly integrated web and email security is a key factor setting Zscaler apart from the competition.
Service highlights include:
- Single Policy: Truly one policy manager for email and web security
- Integrated Security: Cross-leveraging threat intelligence with full inline real-time content inspection of email and web traffic for better detection of advanced threats and data loss, as well as dynamic classification of web pages to proactively stop suspicious and malicious code. For example, detection of transaction by botnets sending spam is leveraged by the web security service in real-time.
- Integrated Reporting: Holistic visibility for email and web, with unified real-time reporting down to the transaction level at incredibly fast response speeds, powered by Zscaler’s patented NanoLog technology
- Common DLP: A single, common user interface and policy manager for Data Loss Prevention (DLP), eliminating the need to maintain separate sets of policies and dictionaries for email and web
“Driven by cost, complexity and growing security risks, enterprises of all sizes are looking for integrated cloud security services,” said Patrick Foxhoven, CIO of CentraComm, a managed security and network services company based in Ohio servicing Fortune 50 to mid-market customers. “Unlike other offerings, Zscaler email and web are truly integrated, enabling us to serve our customers better by addressing all threat vectors they face with a single unified platform.”
In addition, the Zscaler services offer policy-based protection for mobile users anywhere and at any time. With 40+ data centers globally, re-routing latency is minimum and 100% reliability and availability is ensured. Learn more
“The new version of Zscaler gives new meaning to, and defines a new standard for, integrated web and email security services,” said Jay Chaudhry, CEO of Zscaler. “It also provides us unrivalled visibility into evolving threats across mail and Web globally.”
Pricing & Availability
The new Zscaler service is immediately available, with integrated email and web security services ranging from $1 to $5 per user per month depending upon the size of the customer organization and number of services selected. Enterprises can also elect to start with either the email or web service and then add additional services as needed.
Zscaler is revolutionizing Internet security with the industry’s first Security as a Service platform. As the most innovative firm in the $35 billion security market, Zscaler is used by more than 5,000 leading organizations, including 50 of the Fortune 500. Zscaler ensures that more than 15 million users worldwide are protected against cyber attacks and data breaches while staying fully compliant with corporate and regulatory policies.
Zscaler is a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for Secure Web Gateways and delivers a safe and productive Internet experience for every user, from any device and from any location — 100% in the cloud. With its multi-tenant, distributed cloud security platform, Zscaler effectively moves security into the internet backbone, operating in more than 100 data centers around the world and enabling organizations to fully leverage the promise of cloud and mobile computing with unparalleled and uncompromising protection and performance. Zscaler delivers unified, carrier-grade internet security, next generation firewall, web security, sandboxing/advanced persistent threat (APT) protection, data loss prevention, SSL inspection, traffic shaping, policy management and threat intelligence—all without the need for on-premise hardware, appliances or software. To learn more, visit us at www.zscaler.com.
- Zscaler Security Research
- Zscaler Security as a Service
- Award-winning Web Security
- World’s First Next Generation Cloud Firewall
- Sandboxing and Behavioral Analysis
Director of Communications