My education didn’t end when I walked across the stage to receive my college diploma. It continues daily, as it does for just about everyone. You wouldn’t be where you are in your life and career without a continual thirst for knowledge. After all, as Albert Einstein said, “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.”
It was with that intellectual growth in mind that we launched our Zscaler Academy World Tour earlier this year. We created these events shortly after our first Zenith Live summits in 2018 because we heard that attendees wanted the opportunity to bring more people from their organizations to learn from the experts, connect with peers, and participate in certification training.
Zscaler Academy brought some of our popular sessions from Zenith Live to cities around the world, giving IT, network, and security professionals a chance to learn about the challenges and risks introduced by cloud and mobility and how to address them through the transformation of network and security architectures.
Zscaler Academy offered small-group sessions in which experts shared their best practices and insights on how to manage security in the modern world. Breakout sessions included such topics as “Building a Secure, Modern Architecture for Office 365,” “Secure SD-WAN Deployment and Best Practices,” “Zscaler Data Protection,” and more.
Those seeking more in-depth training were able to join one of two technical training sessions—a Network Professional Track and a Security Professional Track—that included lectures and in-depth labs. Attendees gained CPE credits towards CISSP and received a certificate of completion.
After events in 13 cities across eight countries in five months, I’m thrilled to report that they have been a tremendous success, with more than 1,000 people in attendance. We kicked off the tour in February on a very cold Tuesday in Chicago. We went on to Boston, Atlanta, New York City, Tokyo, Paris, London, Munich, Washington D.C. and many more, wrapping up the tour in Toronto in June.
I was pleased that we saw attendees representing a variety of sectors—more than two dozen— with the largest percentages in financial services, government, telecommunications, technology, manufacturing, and retail.
Many Zscaler customers and partners joined Zscaler Academy as presenters, and we’re so grateful to all those who took the time to share their experiences with attendees—hearing directly from peers who have first-hand experience taking on the challenges that arise in any major transformation initiative is incredibly valuable.
I’d like to thank the customer speakers who helped to make each Zscaler Academy an informative and inspiring experience for attendees:
- Richard Littel, Sr. Manager Network Service Strategy, Johnson Controls
- John McLeod, CISO, National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
- Chris Knox, Director, Security Engineering and Solutions Architecture, Aflac
- Louis Klubenspies, CISO and Sr. Director, IT Risk Management, PerkinElmer
- Keith Hochberg, Managing Director, Infrastructure, FitchRatings
- Alexis Lopez, Network Specialist, Omnicom Group
- Yves Delanoy, Global Cybersecurity Operations Manager, TechnipFMC
- Erik Klein, Infrastructure Architect, Frielsand Campina
- Isaac Bediako Odei, Head of Global Secure Access Build and Prague Telecom Engineering, DHL
- Giles Ashton-Roberts, CISO, First Group
- Pieter De Merwe, Woolworths Group
- Jyunya Morimiya, Global IT Service Planning Office, Toshiba Corporation
- Syuichi Horikawa, CIO, Fujitec Corporation
- Brad Moldenhauer, Director – Information Security, Steptoe & Johnson
- Victor Pham, NTSB
- Tony Ventura, Manager of Infrastructure, Data Centre and Cybersecurity, Peel Regional Police
Above all, I’d like to thank all the attendees who came out to the Zscaler Academy World Tour 2019.
If you missed out, please join us for Zenith Live 2019 coming this September to Las Vegas, Nevada, and Lisbon, Portugal. These events will feature many more sessions, more advanced certification training, and more opportunities to share knowledge and experiences.
As Nelson Mandela said, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” With the education and insights offered at events, such as Zenith Live and Zscaler Academy, we aim to help security, networking, and IT professionals gain the tools they need to change their part of the world.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Micheline Nijmeh is Zscaler Chief Marketing Officer