Barracuda and Zscaler Jointly Deliver Comprehensive, Affordable Cloud-Delivered Web Security
Barracuda Web Security Service Now Powered by Zscaler to Bring High-performance, Scalable, Cloud-delivered Web Security to Midmarket Customers
San Jose, California, March 14, 2017
- Barracuda and Zscaler partner to bring customers scalable, high-performance, and affordable cloud-delivered web security.
- Barracuda customers will benefit from the new Barracuda Web Security Service, which is powered by the Zscaler™ cloud-delivered internet security platform and can be centrally managed regardless of the location or device.
- The Barracuda Web Security Service can be deployed as a standalone cloud service or with the Barracuda NextGen Firewall as part of a unified network and web security strategy.
Campbell and San Jose, Calif. (MARCH 14, 2017) – Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA) and Zscaler, Inc. today announced that they are collaborating to bring customers comprehensive, scalable and high-performance cloud-based web security without the cost, complexity, or overhead associated with extensive on-premises equipment. Barracuda customers will now have access to Zscaler’s award-winning cloud-delivered internet security service, and the relationship enables Zscaler to access Barracuda’s proven go-to-market channels for the SME/midmarket.
“Barracuda’s powerful security solutions provide customers with a complete and affordable way to easily manage security across their networks, applications, and data, regardless of where they reside — on-premises, virtual, or in cloud environments,” said Sanjay Ramnath, vice president of security products at Barracuda. “This collaboration extends our platform’s cloud security functionality by utilizing Zscaler’s highly scalable security service to protect users accessing the internet from anywhere, using any device.”
“Barracuda’s success in servicing young companies and midmarket enterprises with a comprehensive platform of easy-to-use security and data protection solutions speaks for itself,” said Punit Minocha, vice president of business development at Zscaler. “This joint effort brings together Zscaler’s ability to provide high-performance, cloud-delivered internet security with Barracuda’s experience in the small and midsize market to provide comprehensive security that is easy to deploy at an affordable price.”
Adoption of Cloud Services Requires Security in the Cloud
As many midsize organizations expand their operations, they increasingly rely on cloud services and SaaS applications, like Office 365 and Salesforce, to improve productivity, reduce costs, and provide business-critical resources to an increasingly distributed workforce. For them, the internet is the new corporate network, and their IT departments need to secure all users from rapidly evolving attacks and enforce company policy regardless of where employees are located or what devices they are using. The Zscaler cloud-delivered protection that powers the Barracuda Web Security Service provides this capability.
Barracuda Web Security Service Powered by Zscaler
The Barracuda Web Security Service is a multi-tenant, cloud-delivered internet security service that includes the following key capabilities:
- Inline threat protection with multiple layers of security, providing comprehensive inbound and outbound content inspection of all traffic in order to prevent malware and botnet attacks.
- Inspection of encrypted SSL traffic.
- Signature-based anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware protection.
- Advanced protection against zero-day malware and advanced persistent threats.
- URL filtering to prevent users from accessing malicious sites and objectionable material.
- Application security and control for mobile and cloud applications.
- Real-time reporting that correlates activity for all users in an organization, even on a global level.
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda Web Security Service is available as a standalone cloud service or with a Barracuda NextGen Firewall. For more information, please visit cuda.co/wss.
Blog Post: Barracuda welcomes new partnership with Zscaler - cuda.co/18330
Blog Post: Barracuda adding something significant to its product line with Zscaler - cuda.co/zscaler
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange™ platform protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location. Distributed across more than 150 data centers globally, the SSE-based Zero Trust Exchange™ is the world’s largest in-line cloud security platform.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) simplifies IT with cloud-enabled solutions that empower customers to protect their networks, applications, and data, regardless of where they reside. These powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide, and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid configurations. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data protection. For additional information, visit barracuda.com.