Be the force behind the world’s largest security cloud
Engineering & Cloud Ops at Zscaler
The Zscaler engineering team has built the world’s largest cloud security platform from the ground up — and it just keeps building. With more than 100 patents, and big plans for enhancing platform services and increasing its global footprint, the team is taking the Zscaler multi-tenant architecture from innovative idea back in 2008 to today's cloud security leader, with more than 15 million users in 185 countries.
Join our team of cloud architects, software engineers, security experts, and many others whose vision and passion are fueling Zscaler and, in so doing, are enabling organizations around the world to harness the speed and agility enabled by a cloud-first strategy.
ThreatLabZ is the security research arm of Zscaler. This world-class team is responsible for hunting new threats and ensuring that the 15 million users on the global Zscaler platform are always protected. In addition to malware research and behavioral analysis, team members are involved in the research and development of new prototype modules for advanced threat protection on the Zscaler platform, and regularly conduct internal security audits to ensure that Zscaler products and infrastructure meet security compliance standards. ThreatLabZ regularly publishes in-depth analyses of new and emerging threats on its portal, research.zscaler.com.
Many organizations are just beginning to realize the amazing power and efficiencies enabled by the cloud. But our teams have been there for years, and our Emerging Technologies team has been at the forefront of cloud technology, developing innovative tools and systems that are giving customers better visibility and security than they’ve ever had. The cloud is transforming business, and the Emerging Technologies team offers a unique opportunity to shape the future of security in the cloud.
The Cloud Ops team is responsible for keeping the engines running at peak performance. On any given day, the Zscaler cloud processes processes tens of billions of transactions — scanning a petabyte of data — for 15 million users around the world. The transaction volume on the Zscaler cloud is growing significantly every quarter, yet the cloud’s overall stability just continues to improve, and that is directly attributable to the Cloud Ops team’s deep expertise and its dedication to reliability, availability, and scalability. To be a part of this team, you will, above all, need to share this dedication. And a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
We develop innovative solutions that are transforming the internet security business, and millions of users rely on our service for data protection and comprehensive security. We also provide real-time analytics to our customers for unmatched visibility, and maintain a state-of-the-art NOC. The development team works on web filtering, policy enforcement, next-gen firewall, sandboxing, DLP, and mobile user solutions. Being responsive to our customers and delivering industry-leading mission-critical solutions require precise engineering and a philosophy of continuous improvement, both areas in which Zscaler engineers excel.
Like any technology company, we rely on QA to ensure that our products perform exactly as promised. But as a company that provides technology services, based on our own purpose-built global cloud platform, QA has a singularly important role at Zscaler to identify potential customer pain-points ahead of time. Our customers — including some of the largest global organizations — send all their traffic across our platform, and that’s why QA is out in front at Zscaler, helping to ensure that our services work properly in the cloud and that our cloud, itself, is delivering on SLAs and providing the performance and reliability on which our customers depend.
Interested in working at Zscaler? Click on a job listing for more information.
San Jose, CA
Team is responsible for design and development of smart and breakthrough solutions for secure internet/enterprise connectivity and endpoint security client on variety of desktop and mobile platforms: Windows, MAC,iOS, Android. Design and Development of multi-platform software using latest software development techniques. Write and execute dev test routines for your modules. Work with QA to create better test routines, reproduce customer issues and deliver better quality product releases.
Bachelor's degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 4 years of experience in the job offered or as an Engineer or in a related occupation.
KNOWLEDGE IN OR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- 3 years of Debugging and development skills in C++
- 3 years of experience with Layer 3 and higher networking technologies - IP/TCP/HTTP/SSL protocols
- 3 years of experience with Windows and MAC OSX and iOS
- 3 years of experience with Security concepts: PKI, SSO, SAML
- 3 years of experience with Network security technologies.
- 3 years of experience with Networking and network security domain software
- 3 years of experience with Crypto libraries
JOB LOCATION: 110 Rose Orchard Way, San Jose, CA 95134
Mail resume to: Zscaler, Inc., Staffing Department, 110 Rose Orchard Way, San Jose, CA 95134 and reference job title.
Must reference REF SSE-AB.
Senior Staff Engineer - Windows Development
(permanent full-time, 40 hrs/week)
The Mobile team at Zscaler is responsible for developing a cross-platform client application for Windows, MacOS, Android and IOS, to securely steer endpoint traffic to Zscaler cloud. You will be the MS Windows programming domain expert on this team and bring your endpoint software development experience to the team. You will ideally have worked on a VPN client or like client application and understand the intricacies of multi-version multi-platform client apps. This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle – requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuing engineering.
- Team is responsible for design and development of smart and breakthrough solutions for secure internet/enterprise connectivity and endpoint security client on variety of desktop and mobile platforms: Windows, MAC, iOS, Android
- Design and Development of multi-platform software using latest software development techniques
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements
- Write and execute dev test routines for your modules
- Work with QA to create better test routines, reproduce customer issues and deliver better quality product releases
- 12+ years software engineering experience, with emphasis in Microsoft Windows enterprise applications development
- Experience in leading, architecting, designing and debugging complex networking features on Windows
- Experience with Windows UI development using C++/C#/.NET technologies
- Windows driver development experience
- Dealing with interoperability issues is a big plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands on Windows Networking programming experience with NDIS or LWF
- Understanding of Layer 3 and higher networking technologies - IP/TCP/HTTP/SSL protocols
- Good understanding of one or more operating systems: Mac, Android or iOS is desired
- Good understanding of security concepts such as PKI, VPN or firewall
- Strong understanding of network security technologies
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field is required
- Required language - English
Please note that this role is eligible to receive standard company benefits that may include but are not limited to the following: company bonus plan, health benefits, etc.
WAGE RANGE: $150,000 - $170,000
JOB LOCATION: 4720 Kingsway #2600, Burnaby, BC V5H 4N2, Canada
Email resume to: John Maydeck, Recruiter ([email protected])
We value diversity at Zscaler
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Recruitment agencies & firms
Zscaler does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers email, Zscaler employees, or to company locations. Zscaler is not responsible for any fees or overhead related to unsolicited resumes.