Zscaler + Slack
Drive high efficiency among cross-functional teams with secure, compliant communication
Agility or security - do you have to choose?
You’re adopting digital transformation at a breakneck pace. Your teams collaborate around the clock to deliver the products and services your customers demand. But in a bid to help you stay more agile, security and compliance may take a backseat, making your infrastructure vulnerable to attack. That’s why Slack and Zscaler partnered up. Together, we make security and compliance enablers for your agile digital transformation through transparent, seamless information sharing.
Data exposure and sharing
Communication between internal and external stakeholders is key to keeping everyone collaborative and informed. Slack makes it easy to share information and visuals externally, but if you lack deep visibility into what’s being shared, you can end up exposing sensitive data or getting contaminated with malware.
Slack lets you share documents and files with the click of a button. For instance, a Finance team member can share payment data with another team in a private channel. People make mistakes, though, which can lead to compliance violations and make them uneasy about using collaboration tools.
Mergers and acquisitions
Organizations growing via M&A often have multiple Slack instances configured to fit different security policies. Security teams are already challenged to gain visibility into private channels and direct messages, and dealing with new tenants and inter-tenant comms governance only adds greater complexity.
Agility without compromising security
Manage sensitive data with Zscaler CASB and DLP:
- Identify sensitive content in Slack tenants while controlling uploads and downloads
- Gain visibility into all communication vehicles, including public/private channels and direct messages
- Apply uniform policies across all Slack tenants owned or inherited by your organization
- Choose from predefined policies or customize your own to detect sensitive information stored in Slack
Secure and compliant communication
Take advantage of smart information sharing and exposure controls:
- Use fine-grained policy controls to prevent exposure of critical information to external users
- Leverage user, team, and channel-level policies to ensure complete compliance while sharing information
- Configure Slack in-app and external alert notifications to educate users about violations and provide remediation steps to train their behavior
Seamlessly stop breaches and malware proliferation:
- Scan Slack for zero day malware that may have been uploaded by external actors or malicious insiders
- Immediately quarantine threats and notify administrators