ZSCALER DELIVERS “BIG VISIBILITY” SECURITY ANALYTICS FOR REAL-TIME INSIGHT INTO GLOBAL CLOUD, WEB, MOBILE TRAFFIC
San Jose, California, February 12, 2013
- Big Analytics” Powered by Processing 10 Billion Security Cloud Transactions
- Across 180 Countries in Seconds; Protects Users at Any Location, On Any Device
Zscaler, the industry’s leading Security Cloud for the everywhere enterprise, today unveiled new analytics technology that gives enterprise security professionals unprecedented real-time visibility into all employee internet activity across web, cloud email, and mobile application platforms at any location and on any device. The new multi-tier data visualization capability relies on the daily real-time processing of more than 10 billion global internet transactions across the Zscaler Security Cloud network, spanning 180 countries. The resulting “Big Analytics” delivers instant, actionable insight into security threats, user productivity, and compliance violations that is simply not available from today’s earth-bound appliance-based security solutions.
In addition to immediate and global visibility into internet traffic across web, email, and mobile in fully customizable dashboards and reports, Zscaler customers can also benefit from:
- Role-based access control to ensure appropriate policy and data reporting capabilities match the appropriate security level for the administrator. No batch reporting, scripts, nor waiting required to parse through and get specific information;
- Advanced report creation capability leveraging an API layer. Customers and partners can effortlessly back up and duplicate reports;
- Log storage simplification with automatic storage of logs using Nanolog, a patented Zscaler technology for massive compression of log data for scalable storage along with very fast retrieval methods. With Nanolog, there’s also no need for data correlation nor data aggregation from multiple recorders;
- Cross platform, device, and location visibility. Users can now switch devices, locations, or move from web/email/mobile communication platforms, but still be correlated very easily in the Zscaler Security Cloud.
“Zscaler’s Security cloud with its Nanolog technology has enabled us to consolidate our reporting from SQL servers in 18 different locations to a single dashboard,” said Charles Jacks, Principal Architect at Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. “The new Zscaler analytics platform takes Big Visibility to the next level - enabling even non-IT staff to instantly garner insights into security and productivity issues wherever they exist.”
“Enterprises face several key reporting and analysis challenges with their current appliance-based approach,” said Dr. Manoj Apte, senior vice president of product management at Zscaler. “The new analytics capability in the Zscaler Security Cloud delivers a number of benefits that really raise the bar for security analytics performance, scope and cost-savings. For example, Zscaler eliminates reporting across multiple locations, which typically requires coordination of multiple administrators, deployment of additional services to collect log data, and personnel to run scripts and ensure log collection and data visualization are properly done. We also eliminate personnel costs related to reporting and forensic investigation, compliance responses (internal and external), and additional hardware and storage for log analysis,” explained Apte.
To find out more about the latest capabilities of the Zscaler Security Cloud visit the solution brief.