San Jose, California, March 4, 2015
- Bookings doubled vs. the same quarter in FY 2014
- Company achieves all-time record revenues, renewals and customer acquisition
Zscaler, the Internet security company, today announced record bookings, revenue and renewals for its second fiscal quarter, ended January 31, 2015. Total revenue, channel revenue, new client acquisition and existing client renewal revenue all rose to all-time highs. In addition, the firm booked the single largest transaction in its history, a nearly $10 million subscription sold together with BT to a Global 100 consumer goods company.
Zscaler continues to bring exceptional executive talent with strong public company experience into the organization. The firm announced today that Sydney Carey, formerly of TIBCO and MongoDB, has joined Zscaler as Chief Financial Officer. In January, Zscaler announced that William Welch, formerly of HP and Symantec, had joined the firm as global vice president of sales.
In the second quarter, Zscaler enjoyed continued, strong adoption of its cloud-based Internet security platform by organizations of all sizes, driven by the ever-increasing threat landscape coupled with industry shifts from hardware appliances to Security as a Service. Zscaler blocked more than four billion cyber threats for its clients during the quarter. In addition to stopping this huge volume of traditional threats, Zscaler Advanced Persistent Threat Protection is now identifying and blocking more than 450 brand-new advanced threats per day that are not discovered by traditional malware detection technologies.
New client acquisition was particularly strong in Q2, with a 68 percent increase in new logos signed over the prior quarter and bookings doubling over the same quarter in the prior year. Partner momentum was outstanding, fueled by a greater than 500 percent increase in partner-led mid-market sales vs. the prior quarter.
““Adoption of Zscaler’s cloud-based Internet security platform is accelerating as organizations understand the need for a new approach to security to combat insidious threats in a world where cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things have rendered the protected ‘perimeter’ a thing of the past,” said Jay Chaudhry, CEO of Zscaler. “With amazing new executives, serious market momentum and accelerating growth, Zscaler is in an extremely strong position going into the second half of our fiscal year.””
Zscaler Q2 FY2015 Recognition
- In December, the company was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as one of the top 50 Best Places to Work in 2015. Based on employee reviews, Zscaler received high marks for its talented team, strong culture and innovative technology.
- Zscaler was also recognized among the 20 Coolest Cloud Security Vendors by CRN.
- Forbes placed Zscaler #11 on its list of best cloud companies and CEOs to work for, noting that Zscaler’s CEO, Jay Chaudhry, is among the highest rated CEOs in the industry, with a 97 percent approval rating.
- Zscaler was also named to the Montclare SaaS 250, a list of the most influential SaaS companies in the world.
Zscaler is revolutionizing Internet security with the industry’s first Security as a Service platform. As the most innovative firm in the $35 billion security market, Zscaler is used by more than 5,000 leading organizations, including 50 of the Fortune 500. Zscaler ensures that more than 15 million users worldwide are protected against cyber attacks and data breaches while staying fully compliant with corporate and regulatory policies.
Zscaler is a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for Secure Web Gateways and delivers a safe and productive Internet experience for every user, from any device and from any location — 100% in the cloud. With its multi-tenant, distributed cloud security platform, Zscaler effectively moves security into the internet backbone, operating in more than 100 data centers around the world and enabling organizations to fully leverage the promise of cloud and mobile computing with unparalleled and uncompromising protection and performance. Zscaler delivers unified, carrier-grade internet security, next generation firewall, web security, sandboxing/advanced persistent threat (APT) protection, data loss prevention, SSL inspection, traffic shaping, policy management and threat intelligence—all without the need for on-premise hardware, appliances or software. To learn more, visit us at www.zscaler.com.
- Zscaler Security Research
- Zscaler Security as a Service
- Award-winning Web Security
- World’s First Next Generation Cloud Firewall
- Sandboxing and Behavioral Analysis
Director of Communications