Sunnyvale, California, February 14, 2011
Zscaler, Inc., the leader in cloud security, today unveiled Zscaler MobileTM , which brings Zscaler’s award-winning security to mobile devices. Zscaler Mobile adds a uniform way to secure the mobile experience for small to large organizations. In tandem with Zscaler’s existing Web and email cloud security services, Zscaler Mobile enforces the same policy for users wherever they go, across all their devices. The new solution ensures protection for leading smartphones and tablets including iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Attacks targeted at mobile devices are rising rapidly as the line between personal and business usage is getting blurred. “Employees want to bring their iPads to work,” said Jim Reavis, Executive Director and Co-founder of Cloud Security Alliance. “These devices run the gamut of applications, from Facebook, YouTube, Pandora, to enterprise apps like email and salesforce automation. With Zscaler Mobile, employees can now use their iPads for work, without risk from malware and threats.”
Extending Cloud Security to Mobile Devices
Zscaler launched its cloud-delivered, web security service in 2008 and is now protecting millions of users in 140 countries. Over a billion web transactions from customers ranging from G2000 enterprises to governments to SMBs are secured by Zscaler daily. Zscaler Mobile leverages this proven infrastructure to extend protection to mobile devices. Key features include:
- Uniform policy for users: Zscaler allows IT administrators to define a uniform policy for any user and have it seamlessly enforced regardless of the device the user is connecting with. Administrators no longer have to deal with multiple point products to secure PCs, smartphones and tablets.
- Global footprint for near-zero latency: With over 40 strategically located data centers worldwide, Zscaler minimizes latency associated with inspecting traffic in the cloud.
- No extra software to install on mobile devices: Unlike other mobile security vendors that require platform-specific apps to be installed on every device, Zscaler Mobile works seamlessly across mobile platforms, including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
- Up-to-date 24x7 mobile security: Zscaler Mobile requires no signature updates and provides real-time inspection in the cloud for every web transaction, regardless of whether it came from a browser or from an app installed on the device.
- No degradation of device performance: Zscaler Mobile runs in the cloud and has no impact on device performance, battery life, or processing resources.
- Centralized reporting and administration: Zscaler provides real-time logs and reports for any user, from any location, on any device, at any time.
“Zscaler Mobile introduces a paradigm shift in mobile security,” said Jay Chaudhry, CEO, Zscaler. “Enforcement in the cloud, as compared to just another app on the phone, sets Zscaler apart. Under Zscaler’s security umbrella, CIO’s and CISO’s can enable their business with new smart devices to improve business productivity.”
Zscaler’s unique solution enforces policy in the cloud, not on the device. This means all network content is scanned, both user traffic and app traffic, to ensure that all malicious content is blocked in the cloud – long before it reaches the mobile device, or the corporate network.
Zscaler is revolutionizing Internet security with the industry’s first Security as a Service platform. As the most innovative firm in the $35 billion security market, Zscaler is used by more than 5,000 leading organizations, including 50 of the Fortune 500. Zscaler ensures that more than 15 million users worldwide are protected against cyber attacks and data breaches while staying fully compliant with corporate and regulatory policies.
Zscaler is a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for Secure Web Gateways and delivers a safe and productive Internet experience for every user, from any device and from any location — 100% in the cloud. With its multi-tenant, distributed cloud security platform, Zscaler effectively moves security into the internet backbone, operating in more than 100 data centers around the world and enabling organizations to fully leverage the promise of cloud and mobile computing with unparalleled and uncompromising protection and performance. Zscaler delivers unified, carrier-grade internet security, next generation firewall, web security, sandboxing/advanced persistent threat (APT) protection, data loss prevention, SSL inspection, traffic shaping, policy management and threat intelligence—all without the need for on-premise hardware, appliances or software. To learn more, visit us at www.zscaler.com.
- Zscaler Security Research
- Zscaler Security as a Service
- Award-winning Web Security
- World’s First Next Generation Cloud Firewall
- Sandboxing and Behavioral Analysis
Director of Communications