Create an Invoice / Credit Memo
To begin creating an invoice, click on the blue 'Create Invoice' button
Note: 'Acknowledge PO' notifies Zscaler that you have accepted the Purchase Order. This step is not required.
Note: You will be asked to register and create a Remit-To address, if you have not already.
Go to the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) and log in
Click on the Orders tab to view Purchase Orders (PO).
Find the PO you need to invoice against and click on the stack of gold coins to the right OR click into the PO and select 'Create Invoice'.
The Create Invoice page will appear.
Fill out the General Info and Form fields
All fields marked with the red* are required. It is preferred if you attach your system invoice.
- The Invoice number in Coupa must be unique and match the invoice number from your system invoice.
- If the Invoice From Address, Remit-To Address, or Ship From Address do not appear, click the magnifying glass to select the respective addresses. If there is nothing to select, you have not completed the Legal Entity Setup.
- If there are multiple invoices for a purchase order, they must be submitted separately.
Edit Purchase Order lines
If you need to delete a purchase order line or you are invoicing against a purchase order with multiple lines, please click on the red 'X' next to the line you are not using (next to the line total amount).
Example: A purchase order was created for servers and switches. When invoicing for the servers only, you will need to delete the line item for the switches to submit the invoice correctly.
Fill out Adding Tax, Shipping, and Handling
All fields marked with the red* are required.
Next you will adjust the PRICE to reflect the desired billing amount, which may include tax, shipping, handling, and other miscellaneous charges.
- For tax amounts, you may select the applicable tax code (only available for certain tax jurisdictions).
- Tax amounts may also be entered manually based on the percentage or dollar value.
Go to the Invoices Tab and click on the 'Create Credit Note' button
A screen will appear giving the option to “Resolve issue for invoice number” with a dropdown of all applicable invoices.
Once you have selected the invoice to apply the credit note to, you will need to select if the credit memo is for the full amount or partial amount of the invoice.
Coupa will redirect you to the Credit Notes page where you will need to enter the Credit Note number. If you have a system generated credit note, please attach it in Coupa.
Click 'Submit', confirm the information, then click 'Send Credit Note'.